Redesigned Abel Pliers Available 10/1/17 Starting at $300
The Abel pliers now feature a more ergonomic shape which adds grip and keeps your hands away from the fish’s bitey parts. A new machined-in loop tightener has also been added to help with rigging those hard-to-tie knots. A machined, stainless pivot bushing that highlights the Abel logo is new this year, reducing the number of parts and increasing resistance to saltwater and all the other harsh elements. All pliers will now be shipping with a full-leather custom fit sheath and coiled lanyard, making for a secure and long-lasting way to carry them.
Abel’s time-proven replaceable jaws are remaining the same. Abel Pliers are famous for being the first machined pliers produced for the fishing market. The innovation continued by featuring heat treated and nickel plated tool-grade steel replaceable jaws. We went on to prove the jaws cutting ability with a notarized test listing over 1000+ cuts of 80lb mono wire and 250lb nylon-coated braided wire and retain ability to then cut 7X mono.
- One size only at 6.5 inches long, and weighing 4.1 ounces
- Spring loaded handle opening
- Handles are machined from 6061-T651 aluminum
- Integrated steel bottle opener
- Jaw pattern also designed to tightly grip wire, mono and tippet to aid with rigging
- 100% full grain leather sheath included
- Made in USA